Incredible Coconut Shrimp and Mexican Mashed Potatoes
Here is one of our favorites dinners, Easy Coconut Shrimp and Mexican Mashed Papas. Even my self proclaimed “lazy cook” was interested in making Coconut Shrimp!
2 pounds shrimp
3/4 cup flour, (1/4 to pat shrimp dry and 1/2 to mix in with eggs to make batter)
1/2 cup beer to mix with the batter (I was out of beer so I used ginger ale)
2 cups shredded coconut
3 cups of canola oil (I used olive oil)
1. Pat the shrimp dry with flour.
2. Next dip the shrimp in the eggs and flour mixture
3. Lastly, cover the shrimp with the unsweetened, shredded coconut.
4. Drop each shrimp in a preheated pan of canola or oil for about 5 minutes, turning once.
We like to dip ours in just about anything, cocktail sauce, tartar sauce or a Mexican mayonnaise sauce we made up…mayonnaise with lime, tabasco and chopped onions to taste.
1. Boil red potatoes.
2. Mash them together with butter and sour cream.
3. Add salsa to your taste. I also added some Mexican spices I had (a mix of green chile, jalapeno cheese dip) YUM!